content use policy
Except where noted I own the content on this website, under copyright, as the sole creator. While I do desire to share my thoughts and ideas, I am a believer in the protections provided by intellectual property laws. I’m happy to have my content shared and distributed with the following conditions:
You don’t need to contact me for permission to do any of the following:
- Create or share a link to my site, or to any post on my site with others. I’ve tried to make this easy for you.
- Extract summaries of 300 words or less and post them to any other website, provided you provided you reference me as the content creator and link by to my original post.
- Print or photocopy my posts for internal distribution within your company or organization, provided you limit the distribution to 50 copies or less.
- Use my content in any non-commercial publication, without any modification or editing, in a company newsletter, teaching tool, etc. if you include the following attribution at the bottom of the content: “© 2013, David L. Harkins. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.davidharkins.com.”
You need to contact me for expressed, written permission to do any of the following:
- Use the content of an entire post anywhere else on the Internet.
- Use any of my content for commercial purposes. I define commercial purposes as “charging anyone or getting consideration of any kind from someone.” Generally speaking, this included selling or licensing my content in any form.
- Create derivative content from my content, meaning to alter, transform in some way, or to create new, substantially similar content using my work as the foundation.
For uses I have not covered here, please contact me.